Get help for your alcohol addiction

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 9/04/2008 10:33:00 PM | 3 comments »

It is said that addiction is a disease, not a choice and as such, there shouldn't be any shame attached to the person who seeks to treat his or her alcohol or drug addiction by going to rehab.

My late grand-father was an alcoholic. One uncle is an alcoholic and I see signs of alcoholism in two of my male cousins. I am convinced that alcohol addiction is indeed a disease. It appears that in my family's genes there is a propensity for alcohol addiction.

The only unfortunate thing in my relatives' case is that there is no Alcohol Rehab Program available where they live. Why? They do not live in a country where alcohol addiction is recognized as a disease and even if they had wanted to go to Alcohol Rehab, there isn't one that they could go too. I doubt they would go, though, because in that macho society that they live in, an acknowledgment of an addiction is a sign of weakness. That is a shame indeed.

In America, people with alcohol addiction where addiction is recognized as a disease, they can get themselves treated for their addiction in any Alcohol Rehabilitation center of their choice. The only obstacle to that choice is their own desire to be treated or not.

If I were the one with an alcohol addiction, I would choose to go to a rehab center where I could get all the help I needed to get over my addiction, and in a place where the environment was comfortable, serene, and very much like a home. I would choose a place where I receive the attention and care from a therapist assigned solely for me, and where the success of my rehab was uppermost in their program that had been expressly tailored for me.

Fortunately, there are many places like that and one of them is right here in California called Cliffside Malibu.

3 comments

  1. Emma // 2:13 AM, September 05, 2008  

    At Lifeworks we believe in treating the whole person for their alcohol addiction not just the symptom i.e the alcohol.

  2. Deepak // 5:17 AM, September 05, 2008  

    first of all you should accept as an addict and then you can be sober.Don't believe visit my site there is my real story.

    http://de-adiction.blogspot.com

  3. Unknown // 2:42 PM, September 24, 2008  

    Going to rehab is one of the greatest things I ever did! I would recommend it to anyone suffering from alcohol addiction. Here is where I went www.JourneyRecoveryCenters.com

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce