Misai Kucing tea

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 9/04/2008 11:08:00 PM | 0 comments »

While I was in Malaysia recently, I came across an herbal tea made from an herb called misai kucing in the Malay language. Literally translated, misai kucing means cat's whiskers. The scientific name for misai kucing is Ortosiphon Stamineus Benth.

I bought a small carton (20 sachets) of the tea and was surprised by the pleasant flavor. The tea is promoted as being of benefit for those suffering from kidney stones, diabetes and for its diuretic properties.

Naturally for someone who has issues with kidney stones, diabetes and hypertension, I of course just had to give the tea a try!! I also discovered in my research on this herb that it is also believed to have antiallergic, antihypertensive, and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides that, this herb has been used as a remedy for arteriosclerosis (capillary and circulatory disorders and nephritis.

I am not sure if there is somewhere locally I can get a supply of this tea, but I am sure to be on the look out for this tea the next time I visit my favorite oriental supermarket in Sacramento! After all, I have found all kinds of teas at this particular supermarket - from bitter melon tea to guava leaf tea to nonee tea.

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce