Misai Kucing - Orthosiphon Stamineus

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 8/14/2010 09:49:00 PM | 0 comments »



This is the flower of an herbal plant called Orthosiphon Stamineus, locally known in Malaysia as Misai Kucing. While in Malaysia I bought a box of the tea because one of the benefits of the tea is that it is a safe and effective diuretic.

Unfortunately for me, drinking the tea daily, at least a couple of times a day, causes constipation! eek

Another reason why I like drinking the tea is that it is has some sugar lowering properties and because I am concerned about diabetes, a disease that runs in my family, a daily dose of the tea should help keep my sugar level where it should be.

Maybe I should drink the tea every few days instead of daily?

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce