Flaxseed oil and hot flashes

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 5/02/2008 12:07:00 PM | 0 comments »

I wrote earlier about my experiences with night sweats and how those night sweats were related to my peri-menopausal condition. What I totally forgot about was the fact that flaxseed oil has been found to be quite effective in controlling hot flashes.

I have a big bottle of flaxseed oil that I bought from my favorite online supplement store quite some time ago. Naturally when I remembered what flaxseed oil can do to hot flashes, I quickly took one capsule before I went to bed last night. I don't know if the fact that I didn't feel hot last night had anything to do with the capsule I had taken before bed time! But what I do know was that I felt cold even before I went to bed and continued to feel cold all night long! Haha, I even had to turn on my electric blanket!

But then again, I don't feel hot and sweat every night. Maybe every other day or something like that, but I do hope that once I start taking the flaxseed oil regularly again I will feel much better and not feel hot all of a sudden and then feel cold some time during the night.

A friend told me that her transition to post menopausal was very smooth. Two years before she became menopausal she had started taking evening primrose oil, and she attributed that fact to her smooth transition. I have never heard her complain about hot flashes or felt any different and I believe that the evening primrose oil was the reason for it.

Thank goodness that there is something we can do that can help our hot flashes!

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce