Crystallized Ginger

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 9/29/2007 02:15:00 PM | | 2 comments »

In the past, I had used ginger for relieving my digestive problems, especially problems with gas, and had always found it very beneficial. What I did was heat a chunk of mature ginger over a flame, pound it to flatten it, put it in a cup and add boiling water to it. I would drink it like I would drink any tea, and as a sweetener I sometimes added a teaspoonful of honey.

Last Wednesday, I bought a small bag of crystallized ginger from a vendor at the local flea market. I liked the product that I had bought because the ginger used was mature and therefore had the strong hot/spicy taste. It worked wonders for my gas problem.

Other than eating the crystallized ginger like you would any candy, you can also put a few pieces in a hot cup of water and drink the water like you would with ginger tea. It works just as well for relieving your gas problem.

Ginger is also beneficial for the treatment of motion sickness, nausea associated with pregnancy, and holds potential benefit in the treatment of arthritis, asthma, menstrual cramps, and migraines.

Further reading on the benefits of ginger: The Joy of Ginger

2 comments

  1. pat // 6:47 PM, September 30, 2007  

    aku enggai amai makai halia masa confinement tapi apa boleh buat,demi kesihatan,makai jak la..

  2. DCampbell aka Puteri // 11:19 PM, September 30, 2007  

    aku minat makai lauk bisi lia, oohh, esp ayam halia campur wine, ooo, sedap! Best kena muai angin! :-)

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce