H1N1 Vaccination

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 4/26/2010 03:58:00 PM | 0 comments »

Have you heard of any new cases of the H1N1?

I have not heard of any new cases in the county that I am living in but I did hear that there were a few cases of the H1N1 in Malaysia recently. Involving deaths even. eek

Last year, at the height of the H1N1 disease, I was quite ambivalent about the dangers of the disease. I chose not to take the vaccination for myself and decided against vaccinating my children from the disease as well. There was too much unknown about the vaccine, and the manufacture of the vaccine seemed rushed, because of the fears of a pandemic.

We will be traveling to Malaysia in the summer, and I have always been the kind of person who imagines the worse when there doesn't seem to be any danger. You know the kind of person who thinks there's always some evil creature lurking under the still waters? Known dangers don't worry me, because they are known!

That's how I feel about the seemingly quiet H1N1 activity. It seems to me that, when you least expect it, it strikes!

That is why during the school spring break, the kids and I took our H1N1 shots. We were lucky the last time, but maybe not this time. Better to be protected than sorry, eh!

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce