Cervical Screening

Posted by DCampbell aka Puteri | 10/04/2008 10:29:00 AM | 0 comments »

Yesterday I went for my triennial cervical screening. I think it is important for women to go for regular cervical screenings, more so for those with a family history of cancer affecting the female organs. Early detection of any unusual change in the cervix can mean the difference between life and death.

Even though the procedure itself is quite painless, it does not stop me from getting all tense when it is done! mrgreen The doctor assured me no woman likes that part of the screening!

The clinic where I had the screening done is now equipped to do walk-in mamography and since my obg-gyn noticed that the last time I had mine done was last October, she recommended I went ahead and do mine after my appointment with her.

I did go to the radiology department of the clinic but unfortunately they were experiencing problems with the machine that day, and were not able to do more for patients the rest of the day.

I hate to have to take more time just for the mamogram - a procedure that I likened to the experience a fly might have when under a fly swatter!

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=5f4c9d8fa8cfc43e54e47bd3e82491ce